An urgent problem. A focused response.
Our centerpiece event, an online conference to be first held in January 2021, will yield more than a space where practitioners, policy makers and researchers can network. It’s also a place where we’ll share challenges and set goals for moving forward. We’re guided by two questions:
- What is the current landscape of climate change educational research?
- What are avenues for future climate change educational research?
The CCEC is a network of junior and senior scholars who will share empirical, methodological, and theoretical frameworks for climate change education research. We plan to disseminate a suite of products to shape future research, policymaking, and practice in this emerging area.
In addition to group discussions and working sessions, we expect the conference to yield:
- Position papers, to be shared and workshopped on a password-protected members area of this website.
- A social research space in which practitioners can exchange comments and ideas on works-in-progress.
- A state-of-the-field book structured around workshop themes.
- A special journal issue or series of interconnected articles, aimed at outlets such as Environmental Education Research, Nature Climate Change, Climatic Change, or an AERA flagship journal.
By joining the CCEC, you join colleagues across multiple disciplines who are building a shared understanding of how to conduct research that’s informative to policy and practice. This website build a new space where those conversations can happen, among individuals dedicated to moving the field forward.