Present: Asli Sezen-Barre, David Long, Glenn Branch, Joe Henderson, Sara Tolbert
What to Do: There’s really nothing in the field of educational research on what education has to say about climate change. Unlike other fields: ASA, AAA
1) Needs to be interdisciplinary and international approach
2) Global North/South dynamic
3) Huge emerging literature globally
4) Needs to be way broader than “traditional” ed subdisciplines like science and enviro. ed
5) This is a huge project with a long timeline
6) Perhaps an RRE review article too/instead?
7) Common Theme: Climate Change Education Across disciplines, across national boundaries, and across learning spaces
Who Else Might We Involve?
Philosophers of Ed
Anthro of Ed
Amy Lykin, Don Hine
Think through possible framing/structure
Contact handbook publishers for interest/proposal models
Speak to EE Handbook editors