HOME Forums Active Projects Publications for Practitioner Audiences Breakout Room Discussion

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Present:
    – Danielle Lawson
    – Lin Andrews
    – Don Haas
    – Michael Wysession
    – Andrea Drewes
    – Martha Monroe
    – David Christopher
    – Ellen Field
    – Adam Gollwitzer
    New additions:
    – James Damico
    – Nancy Glock-Grueneich

Who is our audience? What kind of practitioner?
    – all the audiences – K-12, undergrad, graduate, informal & nonformal educators…

What type of publications are most helpful?

There is momentum in K-12 education for climate change ed now that is growing.
    Pre-service teachers is also a key audience.
    Undergrad institutions have climate science housed in a variety of departments.
    Pedagogy matters – it is not just about the facts. This is partly about active learning and partly about applications of social science to the learning and teaching of disciplinary ideas.

A question – do we know how often different educational audiences hear about climate change? See some suggestions in the responses to this post.

What product is most useful?
    – Case studies

Two themes identified as strategies that increased program success are, in fact, common to many environmental education programs on any topic (NAAEE 2004, 2010).
    (1) The programs focused on making climate change information personally relevant and meaningful for learners.
    (2) The activities or educational interventions were designed to engage learners.

Four additional themes of teaching strategies emerged that may help move learners beyond the basics of climate science:
    (1) Educators used deliberative discussion to help learners better understand their own and others’ viewpoints and knowledge about climate change.
    (2) Learners were given the opportunity to interact with scientists and to experience the scientific process for themselves.
    (3) Programs were specifically designed to uncover and address misconceptions about climate change.
    (4) Learners were engaged in designing and implementing school or community projects to address some aspect of climate change.

A go to resource for across the spectrum resources for teaching, in the very limited time teachers have to figure out what to do…
    https://cleanet.org/index.html is working to do this, but not enough folks know about it.
    We have a site in Canada called Resources 4 Rethinking (https://resources4rethinking.ca/en/). It is broader than climate change…and is more education for sustainability. But teachers can search for climate change resources by grade and subject and is reviewed by other teachers.

Support inter-disciplinary and multi-discplinary approaches.

http://bit.ly/InterdisciplinaryClimate

http://guide.cred.columbia.edu

Next step is more time talking. Don will send a doodle poll to the group to continue the discussion next week.

• This topic was modified 3 months ago by Don HaasDon Haas.
    • This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Don HaasDon Haas.
    Lin AndrewsLin Andrews
    Participant

Reference to the article Don Haas mentioned on the “how many Earth Science teachers…”

http://horizon-research.com/horizonresearchwp/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Science-Trend-Report.pdf

Glenn Branch summary of the relevant trend: Which contains some interesting data of the sort we were looking for
    late last year, including degree-in-field data (Table 2.15), with only 15% of high school earth science teachers having a degree in earth science, and a decrease from 2012 to 2018 in the percentage of middle school and high school teachers considering themselves very well prepared to teach climate/weather (Tables 2.25 and 2.26, significant only for middle school, though). Before you despair at the latter fact, let me note that this decrease may be due to the fact that expectations got higher between 2012 and 2018!

Don HaasDon Haas
    Keymaster

We weren’t great at taking notes yesterday, but I did turn on the record and auto-transcript halfway through. I can share the recording if folks are interested.

I’m not expecting anyone to read through this, but might skim or search for specific terms.

I’ve also asked folks to share within the forum here key points of yesterday’s discussion. I’ll add a separate post of my own with a few of my thoughts.

Transcript from the second half of yesterday’s session:
    Logo
    CCEC Working Group- Shared screen with speaker view
    Download (4 files)
    Our college, people is when you see see pre service. Is there a place where they could all be together and we could develop something there some sort of interdisciplinary help for pre service Ed, that takes in these ideas of what James is saying, and Martha’s
    00:00:00/00:31:36
    Audio Transcript

Lin Andrews
    00:00place where they could all be together and we could develop something there.
    00:06Some sort of interdisciplinary.
    00:10Help for pre service ED that takes him these ideas of what James is saying and martha’s six ideas and we somehow put it together in some sort of pre service Program.
    00:22I don’t know if it would just be you know, like test run somewhere or we could try to like put it out there for anyone who wants to to adopted or bring it in I don’t know what that looks like since my realm is high school K 12.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    00:38yeah and you know one.

00:40One thing that I can offer is if you’re teaching a class to future teachers i’d be glad to be a you know zoom into a class for Section or two.
    00:52of whatever you’re teaching and talk about whatever it is you’d like me to talk about, because I think that would.
    00:58help all of us, or has the potential to anyway.
    01:04So and i’ve in a past life I was a professor of education, I am a recovering academic.
    Lin Andrews
    01:13Ever recovered.
    01:17Martha do you have any thoughts on that.
    Martha Monroe
    01:19well.
    01:20It does seem like we’ve been talking about similar kinds of things, both last time, and this time.
    01:27Making resources available to teachers, providing examples of how educators, are doing things.
    01:37I don’t know I mean we’ve talked about pre service we’ve talked about current teach educators, so I would talk about formal informal so I don’t know exactly which avenues, we would use to get the information out to people, because that would start to narrow who’s getting it.
    01:56But we could make resources available to lots of people through many different venues i’m i’m thinking that there’s probably blogs and chats and things that teachers access that academics don’t.
    02:12And so that would be important to do we really want to reach practitioners.
    Danielle Lawson
    02:20I almost feel like we need to do a focus group I don’t know how without some money.
    02:25of some sort with these teachers are practitioners, because we keep talking about all these things, but I feel like we need some insight from them directly Where are you going to go to look for these things.
    Lin Andrews
    02:38What if I could give you that 20.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    02:41yeah I was gonna say I could I could round up.
    Lin Andrews
    02:44As and say.
    Danielle Lawson
    02:45Teachers without any troubles, and we all have access that’s great.
    Lin Andrews
    02:48But teacher ambassadors, I mean I work with them every week and they’re helping me write my curriculum, so I mean I know they would have opinions that could help us.
    03:00We just have to develop either a session to talk to them or survey to send to them or something like that to ask these questions, oh.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    03:13yeah I mean I I don’t think i’d have any trouble bringing teachers to a discussion like that too.
    03:21But they’re all science teachers are almost all.
    Lin Andrews
    03:25say I have one social studies he’s a crossover we value him greatly because he’s both social studies and science and that’s a rare get yeah.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    03:34yeah and I have one who actually.
    03:38He directs a program what’s the name of it.
    03:45It used to be called the something like the program for genocide studies, but, but now he’s broaden the range of disasters to incorporate and he coordinated a conference.
    04:02In the fall of 2019 an interdisciplinary conference for teachers in buffalo on teaching about climate change.
    Unknown Speaker
    04:10And he’s great.
    Martha Monroe
    04:16Cast behind your head and.
    04:20arms and sometimes you just have one.
    Unknown Speaker
    04:26Yes.
    Martha Monroe
    04:31So I think these things are possible, we could we could we could use the six categories as a framework to hold things together.
    04:43And there’s one that talks about science, but we can sort of change it to talk about experts, so that they’re interacting with people who know.
    04:51Something right.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    04:55yeah and just like I turned on the recording it and turned on the transcript I think that will make it so that it’s.
    Andrea Drewes (she/her)
    05:04I thought it was something that I did i’m like oh sure.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    05:07No, I did that, so I think that makes it so it’ll save a text file of the transcript and.
    05:15that’s my lazy man’s way of dealing with not taking notes.
    05:22And of course we didn’t start it until you’re already half an hour in.
    Danielle Lawson
    05:28Something I think that could also be interesting, and maybe it’s outside of the bounds of this.
    05:36Group and I could see it being done without funding would take time, of course, but.
    05:42It would be really interesting to put a survey out there of some sort to I don’t know if it’s.
    05:50colleges that are known for doing a lot of like pre service teacher prep that are known for their like education programs or whatever it is to see how many out there, how force on climate change or or even talking about it, you know, like i’m just curious kind of.
    06:12You know, we always talk about like here like, how can we provide access and issue in resources to end service, teachers and I agree we totally should I work with in service teachers all the time.
    06:23But I also wonder how much information is being given to pre service teachers so before they’re actually in the field.
    06:33Before they’re completely beyond overwhelmed because the system isn’t set up to always support them, usually not support them.
    06:41You know i’m curious about some of that, like, I know, one of the things that I was charged with with my appointment was is to teach a climate change for educators course for pre service teachers.
    06:54So it didn’t exist before that and penn State has a lot of massive really big name, climate change, researchers, you think it would have existed, but it didn’t so i’m just curious, you know how much of that lacking.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    07:07yeah well so that’s a very good question and I know Mike and suny fredonia.
    07:15teaches their science methods courses courses around sustainability and climate change and the teacher friendly guide to climate change is a textbook.
    Unknown Speaker
    07:26yeah.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    07:28So and that’s for.
    Danielle Lawson
    07:30I said I probably will be using it, because it’s free i’m putting this course together.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    07:36yeah.
    07:37So it would be really interesting to find out how many people around the country, are you using and you know, particularly using it as a not necessarily as a course, but as a theme, of course, you know courses to, of course, but.
    07:56it’s pretty hard to put a new course into a.
    08:02teacher and curriculum because they’re so packed already.
    Lin Andrews
    08:07What is it could be incorporated into something they’re already getting like you’ve got this idea of equality you’ve got the exceptional child you’ve got the.
    08:21Equality factor, where you they’re trying I forgot the name of that class, I know that shows it’s been too long since I was in college, but.
    08:29Were you learning to respect everyone that one and then you’ve got your.
    08:37Your pedagogy your versions of thought, one of the titles of all those classes.
    08:43methods.
    Andrea Drewes (she/her)
    08:44Probably is the last one, probably.
    Lin Andrews
    08:46get a.
    Andrea Drewes (she/her)
    08:47Real education is the other one.
    08:49Okay, they renamed themselves but.
    Lin Andrews
    08:52I say.
    08:53Because mine was the gifted child or the exceptional child or something like that, when I went through the program, but the question being wouldn’t it fit really nicely into that area of equality and justice.
    09:07And couldn’t that be something that would hit because I was trying to say, while ago we don’t want to just target science teachers, we want to target all pre service teachers so.
    09:16Is there a niche where we will be hitting them before they branch off into their respective groups, and it seems like it would be one of those basic teaching courses and if you could incorporate it in to that instead of trying to make a new course doesn’t that give us more possibility.
    James Damico
    09:33You know, actually when we I was last climate change collective get together, I was in the climate justice group and we talked about this, in particular, one of the challenges like this.
    09:46doesn’t seem to be any institution that is not prioritizing diversity equity and inclusion in terms of.
    09:54philosophy and program and and trying to implement practices and so forth.
    10:00But, in our experience and maybe years it’s been different in this group, but climate justice environmental justice is not part of the Di conversation really at all, it isn’t an indiana university.
    10:14Not in my school of education, at least we have a thriving environmental resilience institute across campus and so forth, but within the school of education diversity equity inclusion does not, it does not talk about climate justice what.
    Lin Andrews
    10:27We do, what if we try to develop.
    10:31a platform for why it should be.
    James Damico
    10:34yeah, so I think that that’s what we talked about in that group it’s like, how do we.
    10:38Bring climate change climate justice into the diversity multicultural required course.
    10:47And also.
    10:49For me, I teach the content literacy course, which is a required course in indiana every pre service teacher and every content area middle school in high school has to take this course.
    11:01Many of them don’t want to take it, they don’t think they’re going to be teachers of reading, so to speak.
    11:06But i’m starting now just every one of those classes.
    11:11will have a climate change emphasis because, to a certain extent, their their content neutral classes now it’s about literacy methods within the content areas.
    11:21So i’m just using climate change as the trance disciplinary topic that every pre service teacher in indiana and will at least have this.
    11:34Experience just at the beginning stages of that I have in my social studies class and I haven’t the other one, but I don’t teach all those sections, but that’s that’s a quarterly you’re referring to a course that might work.
    11:49I don’t think indiana is the only state that has this required content literacy course.
    11:54Yes, you.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    11:56might actually required to those courses they definitely require one.
    James Damico
    12:01yeah so there might be some some possibility.
    12:06Possibility there, and unfortunately I gotta I told them I gotta I gotta jump off this conversation I go to my son’s baseball practice I gotta head over there.
    12:15And it’s actually 75 degrees and sunny today so it’s a good day for baseball now but i’m Sorry, I have to jump off early Thank you everyone.
    Lin Andrews
    12:24Yes, meet you.
    Andrea Drewes (she/her)
    12:25Thank you.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    12:26will probably schedule another one of these in a couple of weeks ish.
    Danielle Lawson
    12:30When anyone be interested, because I have a whole slew of Grad students who are just birding with.
    12:37The desire to do research, this summer, that if we put something together, and I have funding for them, I mean the survey itself would it be funded, but i’m you know we can see where it gets us about funding first if we’re just if we’re emailing people we know and colleges of ED.
    12:53To put something together and see you know is climate change, one of the things that’s covered in some of these teacher prep courses.
    13:01And if it’s not I could see something really interesting maybe it’s just me, and I am biased towards academic publications of course i’m putting together, like a perspective.
    Andrea Drewes (she/her)
    13:10junior faculty yes, yes, of course.
    Danielle Lawson
    13:13Why, I wonder why but.
    13:17A perspective piece of some sort where in having some data to back it up as to why like where we think it should.
    Lin Andrews
    13:24fit in.
    Danielle Lawson
    13:25I like the idea of us being like hey college professors and things like that we should be thinking about this so it’s taking some of the onus off teachers, because we’re just really good and.
    13:35All the onus off on teachers are so many things and being like you know us in these college level programs, we have far more privileged from just in the places we sit than a school teacher, we should be doing some of this too and helping them, you know.
    Andrea Drewes (she/her)
    13:53Really modeling it yeah exactly.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    13:56yeah and i’ll note that i’m doing i’m part of a patent for an Earth Day session for the Institute for.
    14:08Institutions for educational leadership for their education policy fellows program which I don’t know a ton about but it’s.
    14:18it’s education faculty and.
    14:21and school leaders and stuff like that and i’ve been asked to be part of a panel about climate change on Earth Day for that group.
    14:30So I might be able to.
    14:34Just ask folks if they know of programs and just know add a slide to my presentation that says email me if you’re.
    Danielle Lawson
    14:43or something like that.
    14:46I mean if you’re a said I can task, one of my Grad students, because I have some that are really interested in climate change education in general to starting to put together, perhaps a survey of some sort that I can pre test.
    Martha Monroe
    14:59Like they could run focus groups and analyze that data.
    Danielle Lawson
    15:03yeah exactly.
    Lin Andrews
    15:04Well, and I can’t jump the gun, but I do know that in CSE we’re starting a new strategic plan that’s going to ultimately involve survey in education, as one of our major.
    15:17Areas we’ve always dabbled in like surveys with evolution and things like that, but we’re looking to broaden what we’re surveying and looking at changes over time in ED and how it’s progressing with these very.
    15:37difficult topics like climate and evolution and so.
    15:42I can take it to an my executive director and let her know that this is an area of interest and we’ve been discussing pre service i’ve been pushing it since I came on board.
    15:55And, and so i’m hoping that maybe I could offer something there to Danielle as form of.
    16:03opportunity to get the survey out there for you, because we work with several survey people.
    16:08I can’t like commit because that’s not my I don’t hold the purse strings that I know the people who do yeah so.
    Andrea Drewes (she/her)
    16:18And I think that would be really valuable information to um I know Joe led the writing.
    16:26That he and I and others were on in educational studies that basically was like dude where are we at education like what.
    16:34is happening with with climate change, educate like where are we why aren’t we doing like there are so many research questions that could be asked name, you know things like this as well, but like where are we at least like short and science, education, but.
    16:50The you know kind of questioning like where do we go next and and yeah, so I think that there could be some really valuable information to look at the will, where do we go next in higher ED is kind of like a state of the state or state of the field.
    17:06With regard to teacher education and and keeping a broad enough, you know because.
    17:11I am constantly amazed that the institutions that are able to fit into either the undergraduate or graduate pre service teacher Program.
    17:20At exclusive like like you’re you’re working on developing Danielle like climate change, education for like that is like mind boggling to me with my graduate students I get.
    17:29My graduate research issues I get for courses with them before student teaching and then they’re out the door, so there is literally like no room and a curriculum for adding a course now i’m lucky enough that because the science social studies and arts course I can.
    17:47Teach thematically and that’s where i’m taking it with climate change, you know so like whether it’s an official part of the course or whether it’s you know, a somatic part of the course or or thing or a module within the course because I think you know.
    18:03The likelihood of changing schools of ED colleges of ED curricula is is we’re way off way far off from that, but you know, working with.
    18:16i’m working with with one of my old process at ud at university of Delaware and her big thing is around like computational thinking and.
    18:24And thinking about how to bring computational thinking into teachers are pre service teacher programs so like she’s gathered a you know, a collection of.
    18:35Pre service teacher faculty and are trying out different modules within courses they already teach and finding ways of like you know.
    18:43repackaging it to fit a number of different courses, and so I kind of think you know, I think, climate change is broader than that, but you know she would probably argue against me.
    18:53That that you know down the road we think similarly and kind of be thinking about well if you can’t teach a whole course around climate change teaching methods.
    19:03Hot like what is a module look in this type of a course in a multicultural education or a jetta you know justice educate the.
    19:12equity diversity inclusion course where do what is the climate change teaching module look like in a you know, a more traditional methods course where does it look like you know, etc.
    19:23So that Italy at least a survey or some focus groups etc summer would be I.
    19:31would be happy to help out on kind of.
    19:33push that just to get a figure out where we are and then be able to look forward from it.
    Danielle Lawson
    19:40And you know I know this is thinking really large, so I have to reel myself in because it’s what I do when it comes to research, but.
    19:47You know, it would be interesting to go beyond even just colleges, the bed and Just compare because you know.
    19:54Yes, I have an appointment where i’m partially in a for a college of education so like formal ED.
    20:01But I do a lot of my work in the world as well, and I think of where you’re pulling like educators from like informal educators.
    20:10From the college’s of that, but all of these other colleges colleges are natural resources, health and human development, where I am now.
    20:17In a lot of times they’re also trying to engage with teachers to talk about the to cover a variety of topics because that’s part of what their organizations do.
    20:28And i’m just curious in general.
    20:32Where we are in higher ED about talking about this issue, but.
    Lin Andrews
    20:36I think you are going to see some definite regional differences.
    20:40Because it’s kind of like what James said does it go by James you Jim.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    20:45I think he mostly goes by James put it away either.
    Lin Andrews
    20:50But you know i’m from well i’m from the South, but I live in Kansas working for California, and I can tell you it’s it’s very unique situation where I get to see very different perspectives on life.
    21:05By having that bridge between California and Kansas and midwestern areas I think you’re going to see climate might come up you know we might be lucky if it came up in ED.
    21:20I mean i’m hoping it does, but I just don’t have a lot of confidence that it’s happening, the way it should be, I know a lot of ED professors i’m already wrote down three i’m going to contact to just kind of feel, what is it like in Kansas because i’ve never really asked that question.
    21:37And I think with you guys being pin and Jersey and I know he’s New York and your Florida you’re all coastal so obviously it’s going to be more pressing in your areas to where we’re sitting so cute and pretty in the Midwest and.
    21:51watching the world around us.
    Andrea Drewes (she/her)
    21:53route man drop me and that’s where.
    Danielle Lawson
    21:58That farming that’s really important for us right.
    Lin Andrews
    22:00Now the drought, they keep downplaying it so much that it’s not even really triggering pain, I mean they’re not even monitoring water here yet guys.
    22:10You can water your lawn all day long, no one gives a flip and there’s nothing here being monitored with our water and Colorado could choke us off whenever they want.
    22:20And no one seems to even ponder these things is what i’m trying to get across.
    22:26So just something to keep in mind you.
    Andrea Drewes (she/her)
    22:29Might you might be different labels, you know might not be called climate change and we’re certainly not going to back to global warming, but.
    22:35That you know, looking at rising incidents.
    22:38of drought rising incidents of siri siri or whether rise, you know, like that there might be different.
    22:44You know, we might call the climate change but.
    22:49Right, I know it’s been.
    22:52i’m saying we.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    22:53We did we had a traveling exhibit a few years ago for.
    22:57designed to go into rural libraries and cooperative extension office’s and stuff like that called the weird weather kiosk that was about climate change.
    23:06Without using the language of climate change, all that much within exhibit and.
    23:14It was well received generally.
    23:18And enrolled in New York is a lot like world anywhere.
    Martha Monroe
    23:25It sounds like there’s some energy some great energy for doing some research finding out the lay of the land, what are the needs, what are the opportunities collecting some data, this summer, with a focus on university level courses programs pre service education.
    23:45I think that’s what i’m being i’m willing to help because it sounds like it that’s near and dear to five of the six of us.
    23:53um i’m doing a needs assessment for our non global program so if there’s questions that I can ask of agents for each agents and parent leaders.
    24:07I can do that and that’s going to happen this spring or summer, so I think that our next step is to start thinking about questions and what we want to know.
    24:19And that sounds good.
    Lin Andrews
    24:20When Martha another thought that went through my head is we had in the initial group.
    24:251-234-567-8910 11 What if we find a 12 and then we could split the group into two halves formal and informal.
    Martha Monroe
    24:37yeah and i’m happy with it, I mean it doesn’t much matter to me.
    24:41I just thought we.
    Lin Andrews
    24:42could hit both sides of the coin.
    Martha Monroe
    24:45I think, eventually, we want to because there’s a lot that could happen not formal because education is so limited in some states.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    24:59So next steps.
    25:04Maybe meeting again two weeks from now, if that works for folks.
    Lin Andrews
    25:11I would suggest on that we share our thoughts with those who did not attend and ask for feedback because we might see trying to be you know, cognitive of martha’s visions, there could be another.
    25:29From those missing, we might be missing out on ideas that could be important to us, you know because.
    25:38We are five of 11 so just a thought you know, maybe send something out we we talked about our choices i’m sorry that’s not.
    Danielle Lawson
    25:50Martha Do you know anything any good i’m trying to think rack my brain and think of some I don’t know if it’s n double a double Lee or something like that, where we could reach.
    26:02You know.
    26:04He practitioners and kind of see the same thing, like did they learn anything about climate change in school, I do, I mean.
    26:14Maybe the affiliate network.
    26:17Because i’m interested in he, as well as you know.
    26:22a compliment to.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    26:24obese obese speaking at this year’s New York outdoor education association meeting about climate changes and invited speaker, so there are state organization is thinking about it anyway so.
    26:38I don’t think they have all that much until pretty recently, but they are now.
    Martha Monroe
    26:46The last DEMO ways we could go there’s the four H community.
    26:50Through your extension in grant university right and.
    Danielle Lawson
    26:57I guess in the nation right so.
    Lin Andrews
    26:59there’s always come.
    Martha Monroe
    27:01yeah so yeah we could go to the association level or we could go to the practitioner level the organization that like girl scouts for H vs na.
    Danielle Lawson
    27:15Maybe oh sorry doesn’t say maybe a better question then is Martha just thinking of like your experience and being engaged through and unbelievably and I know you’ve done a lot of work with like four H and cooperative extension and stuff like that.
    27:29And in needs assessment of some sort would be useful for non slash informal at as well.
    Martha Monroe
    27:42yeah I mean depends on who wants to work on it right now, the thing i’m doing is just for our non formal project I could throw some questions in, but we could also separate it out and do something bigger for more.
    Danielle Lawson
    27:56I guess, because the reason i’m asking is because my Grad students, of course, Bob along the same lines as me where they have a split.
    28:03Okay burning something like elementary like whether we thought it would be useful to see as well.
    Unknown Speaker
    28:12But.
    Martha Monroe
    28:14yeah.
    28:16that’s maybe a question that we.
    28:19Following linds advice and talking to the other five people, we can bring it up and see what they would like to do yeah.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    28:26yeah I guess one strategy for doing that is I can send out an email that says, you know we met today we have we had good discussions and maybe I can say, and the participants in the discussions added things to the forum after the meeting to.
    28:45to flesh out the thoughts, a little bit because we didn’t actually end up taking notes.
    Lin Andrews
    28:51During my head.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    28:53yeah.
    Andrea Drewes (she/her)
    28:54Well it’s it’s too, I mean.
    28:56With the informal non.
    28:59Project that’s evolving, but the first one was you know coming up with some you know.
    29:07assignment simultaneous publication in in a social studies at a science practitioner oriented publication that it’s framed around martha’s you know six.
    29:19big ideas key elements I forget what you would call them, but you know that includes.
    29:24instructional resources for teachers kind of examples, maybe, through your connections, you know folks that say oh yeah I could get teachers to talk, you know, maybe some anecdotes kind of things like that.
    29:36around what quality, climate change, education, looks like in a multi disciplinary lens and then the second one is that kind of like.
    29:45What is the state of the field with regard to teacher education and climate change in you know in pre service teacher prep work and then the third being an evolving discussion around informal non formal.
    30:02means.
    Lin Andrews
    30:03I think that’s our Big Three you’re right.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    30:06yeah.
    30:07Can somebody write that.
    Andrea Drewes (she/her)
    30:10down, but thank you transcript.
    Lin Andrews
    30:12As I say, I just took some very brief little notes that don’t make sense.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    30:18yeah well if somebody can put those into the chat on the forum that’d be great i’ll also note that i’ve i’ve got a 630 meeting that is the professional development committee for the national earth science teachers association and I can.
    30:35Which is a pretty small organization, but.
    30:39But I can sort of pick some brains that.
    30:42as well.
    30:45And I also want to get thinner before that happens so.
    30:50So i’m i’m thinking of happen off if you all want to keep chatting I can I transfer host to somebody else.
    Lin Andrews
    30:58i’ve got.
    Andrea Drewes (she/her)
    30:58them server class starting at 630 anyway, my.
    Lin Andrews
    31:01Students social studies and i’ve got three things I haven’t done yet, but the day.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    31:07So I will send out an email that essentially says, look at the Forum and folks will be adding stuff there and.
    Andrea Drewes (she/her)
    31:15yeah that’s it yeah I can try to get some big ideas down there, but please everyone.
    31:21yeah.
    Lin Andrews
    31:23Okay.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    31:24Good discussion, you might actually get something done.
    Martha Monroe
    31:28Nice talk to you all.
    Don Haas (he/him)
    31:29Did to talk to you all.
    31:31Kindly tailored.
    Lin Andrews
    31:33He saying.
    Andrea Drewes (she/her)
    31:34Take care.